Surrealism

The meaning of surrealism is an art in photography that expresses an otherworld, dreamlike photoshop, unconscious ideas, and emotions.

Surrealism is basically, a strange and bizarre photo of different things and or people mashed together. I choose this picture made by, Carlo salomoni, because I love how to colors work together. The reason this picture is a surreal image is because, multiple things don’t belong together in the image. You also can’t really tell what each of the main subjects are. The image also gives an imaginative type of look to gather the viewer’s attention. The image also distracts the viewer by getting the fever dream type of look by having the viewer, ‘guess’ what each aspect of the photograph is, since the idea of surrealism is to have an experimental unconscious feeling. Another reason I choose this image as an example of surrealism because, the image had an imaginative feel to it. I also choose this because I really liked how the eye is poking out and is being held up by human hands, even though those hands shouldn’t be there. This image is also an example of surrealism because, there are multiple things that shouldn’t be in that area like, the giant eyeball, the human and snail, and the tree looking guy. As well as those stairs Infront of the snail, and the multiple things on the grass floor.

Skip to toolbar